Wednesday, August 19, 2015

EGG AND CHEESE MIGAS RECIPE

Last year, we posted a recipe for TOMATO AND ONION MIGAS.  I realized we never posted anything about the regular egg and cheese migas that we often make.  Migas are a Tex-Mex kind of dish, made with tortillas and eggs and cheese, just that simple.  With all the farm fresh eggs we are getting from 2nd Family, this is a great way to use some of them up.






Tortilla chips, eggs and cheese!  That's all it takes but feel free to add whatever seasonings are your favorite.





Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with a few TBSP of olive oil.




Add tortilla chips to the pan, and stir them around a bit.  This is where the traditional dish would utilize corn tortillas but we shorten it up by using corn tortilla chips.




Add whole eggs to the pan.  Here we used six which ended up creating about four servings.



Stir it all around to cook the eggs.  The chips will break and soften as your stir, this is normal.  Just cook the eggs as if you were making scrambled eggs.




While the eggs are still just slightly underdone, add the shredded cheese.  For this batch, we used 2 cups of a cheddar cheese blend.  




Gently toss everything around in the pan to finish cooking the eggs and get the cheese melted throughout.
Easy Egg and Cheese Migas
Then dish it up and serve!  
Here, we topped ours with some guacamole and a few dashes of hot sauce, but of course you could use salsa or leave it au naturel.

Enjoy! 


7 comments:

  1. This looks sooo good! I gotta try this soon! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why no one has commented on this (other than above) but like Texas Rose, this looks wonderful and I'm SO going to make it. I had migas at a local texmex place and it was good. I swear I think they should follow your idea because it looks so much better, haha. Thanks for posting it, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks scrumptious and I think my husband would eat it too. I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, definitely giving this a go, thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, I will try this recipe on my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow, I'm not quite sure how it happened, migas became our family's meal to break our fast after midnight on Good Friday. It is about the only time I eat migas and, I look forward to it every year. Now I can't wait until Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!