Sunday, December 7, 2014

CANADA'S EGG OPPORTUNITY, VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY

Canda's Egg Opportunity, vintage poster image courtesy of Canada Archives Public Domain
Here is a great poster from WWI and Canada.  Food was a huge resource for the troops and allies so production was of the utmost importance.  The Canadian Food Board put out this poster to show that production had gone down over the years and therefore the production of eggs needed to be increased to help with the war effort. 

I love the image of the man standing next to the chicken.  That's a giant chicken, LOL!  I'm sure today there is no problem with egg production anywhere, but of course I'm guessing the quality of eggs then compared to today is vastly different.

Hope you are having a good weekend.  Weather has been kinda blah here, cold, damp, but I still got some things done.  More on that later.  For now we are off to 2nd Man's great nephews third birthday.



4 comments:

  1. That is one giant chicken. Watch out. It could peck your eye out!

    Weren't eggs one of the items controlled in the US by rationing during WWII? Actually, I am quite sure chickens in the yard was a way of life for my ancestors long before they arrived in MS in the early 1800s.

    I love your vintage posters.

    I know my grandmother had chickens for eggs during the Depression and WWII.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love trying to find them and they just keep popping up online when I search. It's amazing how many there were. I suppose one day I'll run out of images to use, ha. That's a killer chicken huh? I think they might have been rationed....such an amazing time then, I often wonder how many people would fare well today in he same situations.

      Delete
  2. Another great vintage poster!
    It’s great how everyone pulled together during that time.

    I remember when gathering the eggs from my grandma’s hen house was my daily job. A few of those hens were very possessive of their eggs and would peck at my hand. But those yard eggs sure were good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I like, everyone seemed to be on the same page. Sadly today we all seem so divided as a nation.

      I bet looking for the eggs was fun huh?

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!