Sunday, November 9, 2014

SAVE FUEL FOR BATTLE, VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY

Save Fuel, vintage poster image courtesy of Wikicommons
Here is a WWII poster that urged citizens to save fuel...but in this case, it was to save fuel to make ammunition for the war effort.  This one is from the UK.  Not sure what punishment the man is about to get for 'wasting hot water', but his wife certainly doesn't look happy.

Funny though, when we see this poster today, we don't think of wasting the fuel it took to heat the water, we think more of wasting the water.

Hope your weekend is going well, we are getting some things done in what may be our last nice weekend at the farm.  The next weekend forecast shows cold and possibly rainy.  More later today/tonight!


6 comments:

  1. Now we just save fuel to save money......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes after all the droughts we have been through it is more the water with us.
    Haven't had a bath for years, always showers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, now that I think about it, I couldn't tell you the last time we took baths, it's always showers too.

      Delete
  3. How times and our focus changes! I have been without water for 12 days, so my focus is on the water when I look at that picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my!! I hope you get water soon. Yep, us too, we saw the image and immediately thought "what a waste of water", ha.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!