Sunday, June 1, 2014

MICE FOUL FOOD, VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY

Mice Foul Food, vintage poster image courtesy of US National Archives
This poster reminded people of something that should be fairly obvious, but it never hurt to be reminded I suppose.  Keep food covered and clear away scraps because "mice foul food".  Not a particularly attractive poster but I guess it did what it was intended to do.

It's also interesting timing as yesterday at the farm, there was a mouse in one of the traps.  First one in at least 2 months.  I'm not sure if the warmer weather is driving them in or if it was just a random wayward mouse but nonetheless, we hate mice in the house!

Hope you are having a good weekend.  We've had off and on rain but I'm still getting a bit of yard stuff done.  More on that later.  Also, the drawing for the seeds giveaway is not closed and we will have a drawing later tonight when we get back into town (or perhaps tomorrow night after work).


4 comments:

  1. Can you imagine the graphic designer who got this assignment? "OK, so, we're going to meet a poster about mice…"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mice are bad but rats are worse at the moment we seem to be battling with rats down the garden, we have been laying poison and its all going, so hopefuly soon the furry offenders will be banished again, the joys of living rural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As do flies which I think most people forget about. The vomit all over it, stamp it in with their feet (which have been heavens knows where), then suck it back up, ugh!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!