Saturday, October 12, 2013

WET START TO THE WEEKEND AGAIN



Well, the day started out like this when we got to the farm, about 8:30am.  Some blue sky but a few wisps of something brewing.  I edged first, no Zen Machine time this weekend.  Instead, I used a definitely UNzen push mower, ugh, inside the fenced garden area.
More on that later.


I got as much done outside as possible before we began  hearing thunder and seeing lightning and it started getting like this.  Since we had plans in town, we decided to call it a day and literally just got the car loaded and shut the door when the bottom dropped out and it rained, buckets and buckets.



Farm is dead center where the push pin is in that huge storm cell.  2nd Family emailed a bit ago and said we got almost an inch of rain.  I'm sure the fruit trees loved it so I won't complain too much.  Still, WHY CAN'T IT RAIN DURING THE WEEK?  

Sigh.  We'll see what tomorrow brings...

9 comments:

  1. Wish we had just a little of that here in Illinois! In the meantime...enjoy your rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good for the land so I won't complain too much. I hope some comes your way!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, I was in the heart of that bold color, ha.

      Delete
  3. amazing that you are so wet now after the drought and high temps you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We usually do have a bit of a wet start to Fall usually. I just wish it would come during the week instead, ha.

      Delete
  4. If it had been me, I would have stayed out at the farm and enjoyed the rain while snuggling and maybe have a little farmhouse romance for the wet weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I hear ya. We had plans in town and had to try to beat the rain. Next time! ;-)

      Delete
  5. 1st Man,

    I so hear you..........rain during the week, please!!!! It's raining here, yesterday and is still doing it.
    Can't bring out our zen machine either :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!