Saturday, March 23, 2013

OFF TO THE FARM FOR THE WEEKEND

Baby calf
We're off to the farm today, and I'll get to say hi to the little neighbor calf above that always watching me when I'm outside.

We were up and out early and already had the Jeep loaded with stuff that we've been stocking up on over the last week.  Now that we have full hot water and plumbing all connected, we can spend the night, like in a real house.  Until now, it had been more like camping, you know, no showers, couldn't really wash dishes, hard to clean up, etc.

Oh sure, I know there is the old way of heating water on the stove top but we're not ready for that just yet, ha.  We want to enjoy the luxury of hot water when you turn on the faucet.  So anyway, it's out there to spend the weekend and guess what else I get to do?  The Big Green Zen Machine is back from it's annual maintenance and check up and, just in time, the grass is green and getting out of control.

Of course, irony of ironies, a cold front is on the way and it's going to be getting into the 30's by Monday!  So much for that stupid Groundhog, LOL.

Have a great weekend and I'll check for your comments and reply Sunday afternoon/evening when we get back.

10 comments:

  1. have a great weekend and enjoy your hot water!!! we are in for a big snow storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean it's cold in Texas, TOO???? What is going ON this year??? (love the calf)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time on the (more civilized) farm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun, and tell that little calf Granny is eating a black bean burger for lunch, and vegetarian chili for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate to the hot water. It's one of my necessities as well!
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, those creature comforts are nice, especially running hot water! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I were off to the farm this weekend. However, I don't have a farm to go to. The notion just sounds so wonderful. Seeing cows thrills me. I see cows most every week, but not on the way to the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! We've been that way for weeks and there is white crap falling again!!! Earlier this week we had windchills below zero. And btw - Happy upcoming birthday. No, I don't forget. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!