Thursday, February 28, 2013

INSPIRATION THURSDAY, YELLOW BULBS AND TREES

Yellow bulbs, image courtesy of SouthernLiving.com
This is so pretty.  I've always liked loved bulbs, and I've always been drawn to yellow bulbs in particular when they are around trees.  Something about the combination of yellow, green and brown just looks so calming and relaxing.

This is one of the easiest things to do, bulbs planted randomly around trees.  I just need to get the trees cleared out around them so I can do this.

I'm not sure if it's too soon to plant bulbs for Fall, I'm pretty sure it's too late to plant bulbs for Spring.  Bulbs are one of those things that you definitely have to plan ahead for...nothing like planting now and waiting for half a year.  However, the payoff is well worth the wait.

Hope you are having a good day/week.

Be inspired!

2 comments:

  1. But you can prepare now for Fall planting. Rough up the soil a bit so it's not so much a chore in the Fall. Maybe get a bulb planter/auger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did buy one of those last summer, of course, Fall came and went too quickly and I missed planting for spring but you're right, dig it out and get it ready for fall to make it easier. :-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!