Sunday, September 16, 2012

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, EAT MORE COTTAGE CHEESE


Here is an interesting poster.  I guess during the war, they were asking people to eat less meat so they were advertising that cottage cheese provided more protein for people.

I happen to love cottage cheese, and as a side note, I really didn't know that it had more protein than equivalent weight in meat.  Homemade cottage cheese is wonderful and so much different than store bought.  

Definitely interesting the times they lived in not that long ago.

Don't forget to ENTER THE NEW GIVEAWAY!  

Hope you are enjoying you weekend.  Ours has been all about mouse proofing and rain.  But more on that later.

8 comments:


  1. ---

    Personally I think I would prefere the meat.

    Great poster! & blog.

    ---

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I understand a lot of people don't like it. I used to be one who didn't either but I do enjoy it now. Not sure why my tastes changed somewhere along the way, ha. Thanks for stopping by and welcome.

      Delete
  2. Cottage cheese is awesome and very high in protein. For about 1/2 C it's on average 14 grams of protein. Far higher than meat. Greek yogurt is the same way. Two of my favorite high protein, but low fat foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, we love Greek yogurt too. That is high in protein huh? And like you said, best of all, low fat too!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, we LOVE cottage cheese around here. And you're right, homemade is the way to go (and so easy). We have some friends who are vegetarian and they use cottage cheese frequently (they are ok with dairy products, just don't eat meat) and they said the same thing, it gives them lots of protein.

    I'd love to have a one of those old recipe booklets. :-)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we love making it, haven't done it in a while, but that might be a great blog post sometime this fall. Agree too, it would be neat to have one of those old booklets.

      Delete
  4. A "postal" card... so quaint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I didn't think of that. "Postal card". Sounds so much more fun doesn't it? LOL!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!