Sunday, September 2, 2012

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, FOOD DON'T WASTE IT


Two posters today, both from WWI, circa 1917.

What I found interesting about both of these is that they are similar posters about not wasting food, but the suggestions on some of the bullet points were changed from one poster to the next. Not sure the story of why they are different but it's definitely interesting.

I do know all the words on both posters are as relevant today as they were then. "Buy Local Foods" and "Home Grown is Best" are phrases you see now.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Agreed. Timeless advice. We could all heed these words during uncertain economical times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading the first one and to me, every single one is relevant today and I thought it was a current poster. WOW. #2 Cook it with care - I took to mean steam, bake or grill - don't fry and #5 serve just enough - struck me as portion control. Less wheat, less meat - less white flour and less red meat - and buy it with thought - READ the labels.

    Little did I know it was a 100 year old poster. Again, WOW! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that awesome? Yes, these are from WW I. Amazing huh? I had to look twice to make sure, ha. Everything old is new again as they say. Love your interpretation. Nicely thought out! Thank you!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!