Sunday, March 11, 2012

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, WAR GARDENS OVER THE TOP

Vintage War Gardens Over the Top Poster
Here is a poster from WWI.  The National War Garden Commission was established to get more people to grow gardens, just as the Victory Gardens of the later WWII did.

This one reminded everyone how war gardens were "over the top" and that the "seeds of victory insure the fruits of peace".  Not sure that we could say that today, if only growing food could stop the madness in the world...but one thing it can do is give us all peace of mind about our own future.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. ok ok.. this is scraping the barrel but the pumpkin is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I tried John, i really did. I'll keep my eye out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!