Wednesday, July 20, 2011

OUTDOOR DINING IDEAS

Another thing we've always wanted, and of course couldn't have until we had
actual large yard / land, was an outdoor dining area, for al fresco dining.

So I've been saving pictures, as I run across them, of outdoor dining "rooms" to give us inspiration.

So here they are, in no particular order, some of our favorite ideas.


Here is a nice table set up under a tree....


Several picnic tables next to each other make for a nice casual area, but they've got it decorated so
nicely, it turns it from casual to semi formal.  Very nice.


Not sure we need anything this long, ha, but it sure would be fun to have this many people to dinner at the farm.  Of course 2nd Man might have a nervous breakdown cooking for that many people, but still, it would make for one memorable evening!


Colorful and homey, a nice picnic type area under a shady spot.
The checkerboard tablecloth is a nice touch.


This table is nice, but I love the checkerboard grass pattern underneath, what a cool idea.


This might actually be closer to what we end up with, we have a similar spot under the Mesquite party tree i blogged about, and the assortment of random, mismatched chairs looks very inviting.

We already have a tabletop, I'll have to take a picture of it, it used to be a door that Ma had in the house.  My plan is to attach legs to it, seal it with some weatherproofing polyurethane, and re purpose it
as an outdoor tabletop.  Living in Houston, we have access to lots of thrift stores, as well as more garage sales every weekend than you could imagine.  Finding chairs shouldn't be a problem.

I'll keep you posted on the progress, until then, enjoy these outdoor dining experiences.


2 comments:

  1. I can SOOO see you doing this!! I better get an invite to one of these parties. Might make me head south again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you SO know it! And you SO will! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!