Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hurry up and Wait!

Still no word on the closing, it's the waiting that drives me crazy.  Last week they said 48 hours (business days) for one part, and then 48 hours for the title company part.  By my calendar, that's tomorrow.  So I'll have to find out the status then.  I want to call, but then of course I don't want to seem pushy or in a hurry.  What's that old phrase?  "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"?  I need to be patient. 

"Good things come to those who wait" is another phrase that comes to mind.....and that's what I'm hoping for.

So, some of you have asked the following questions:

What is our plan? 
Are we moving? 
Are we using it for a weekend place? 
Are we going to raise stuff? 
Is this a business? 
Are you going to retire out there?

The answer to all of those is YES!  We are realistic of course, in this economy, we can't give up our jobs and move out there now, much as we'd like to.  There is a lot to do to do the house first of all.  Sure we'd like to move in and start living there, but there are all sorts of cosmetic fixes to do.  More on that in another post. 

Yes, ultimately, we want to retire out there.  But in the journey from here to there, it will be a weekend place, a place to stay when traffic is too much of a mess.  A place to have parties with friends.  A place to grow organic veggies, experiment with fruit trees and nut trees and berries and herbs.  A place to learn canning, and have 2nd Man baking and cooking with what we grow.  A place to remove ourselves from the hustle and bustle of city life, if only for a week or a weekend.  A place to create and sell things we make with our own hands.  A place to decorate and make into our own.  And yes, finally, when all that's up and running and done, a place to retire to.....

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to sit on their front porch and see this??? 
And yes, this is a view of the property.

Ahhhh......I can't wait!!!!!!!!!  Oh yeah, that's right, I DO have to wait....but not for long.....
hopefully just until next week!

2 comments:

  1. True redneck version of a John Deere...Goats. Keeps the grass trimmed - just fence them away from the pretty flowers...put up some slave quarter so we can visit Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think we haven't considered that, LOL! But I think we'll go the John Deere-ish route. Now the slave quarters for you and the family could be arranged, ha. Seriously though, our LONG LONG term plan is to possibly build a new home on the other part of the land and use this home as a guest cottage. That's a huge what if, and like I said, waaaaay down the road, but who knows what the future holds!

    Y'all will be welcome anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!